There are 6 hours of course (2 theoretical and 4 practical). There is no exam, you only need a nautical medical certificate.
You must be minimum 16 years old (with parental authorization) to be able to drive all kinds of jet skis and boats up to 6 meters always in daytime navigation 2 miles from the port, marina or shelter place. Also, this license never expires!
You will learn:
- Basic notions of navigation.
- Passage preferences between vessels.
- Interpret maritime beaconing.
- Make essential knots.
- Collision prevention rules.
- How to dock and undock.
- Choose a good place to anchor.
- Basic notions of radio communications.
- How to act in emergencies.
Course taught in Spanish and English.
Do you want to exchange your title for a Navigation License? You just have to do the 4 hours of practice, bring your title and the medical certificate.